Established in 1989, the California Centers for International Trade Development (CITD) are funded by the Chancellor’s Office of the State of California to promote the state’s international trade and competitiveness, assist exporters and importers, and advance economic and job growth. The CITDs assist California business to expand internationally as well as help colleges become more globalized.
The California CITDs have offices across the state and provide a full range of trade assistance services to companies and individuals in the state of California. All services are either free or low cost. Whether you are new or experienced in export or import, small or large, CITD has experts and resources ready to help you. Our free or low-cost programs and services include one-on-one technical assistance and consulting, market research, training and educational programs, trade leads and special events. The CITD is a place to learn about international matchmaking events and other programs taking place both in California and abroad.
Key services include:
- Deliver Export and Import Programs to Create Jobs
- Inform Career Pathways and Technical Assistance
- Expand Global Trade Curriculum and International Marketing Opportunities
About the Knowledge Community
The Knowledge Community brings together statewide global trade and logistics stakeholders–employers, workers, faculty and students. It is an online community for sharing export and import information, resources and best practices.
Our goal is to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and bridge gaps between classroom theory and industry practice.
We encourage your active participation for on-going peer exchange and industry advancement. There is no cost to join but registration is required.
About California STEP
The California State Trade and Export Promotion (California STEP) project leverages a statewide network of state, federal, private and non-profit trade promotion organizations to facilitate export promotion, activities, serving targeted industries, to drive exports for small businesses.
Our goals are simple:
- If you are exporting, we’d like to help your business export more.
- If you are not exporting, then we’d like to help you get started.
California STEP can help you answer:
- What opportunities are there for my firm to connect with overseas buyers in California?
- How can my firm maximize our marketing efforts through trade shows abroad?
- Who can I contact to shorten my time for export assistance?
- What opportunities exist for my firm to get specialized export training and assistance?